Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What it is

This summer I successfully transported my 200 lb ceramic white elephant from the studio to my house (50 E Cleveland), only to have it stolen off my porch on the night of September 4th. I suppose it is flattering in a way; however, I wish whoever took it had been satisfied with a picture. That, unfortunately, was the extent of my artistic work this past season.

I am currently interested in working on my throwing technique, developing new interesting and useful vessels, and in testing the limits of my hand building abilities. I find human sexual experience and expression fascinating and hope to explore it in my work, without being vulgar or too terribly inappropriate. I have already thrown and trimmed a few pots, and I plan on beginning my first hand built piece today.

The type of artists I have learned about this summer include mostly designers and performance dance artists. At the beginning of last year, me and a few of my friends got into the dance style called Vogueing (which was recently exhibited on ABDC), one of my favorite performances is a collaboration between Leo and Lil Black from the House of Evisu at a New York ball in 2007: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKD4p9G2XQ


No comments:

Post a Comment