Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I've finished my newspaper skeleton for my first hand built sculpture and begun adding clay to it yesterday. I also have finished a few pots, and put them on the greenware shelf, I haven't checked to see if they made it into a kiln yet but one of the pots is a watering pot that my houseplants desperately need.

So far my sculpture is coming along exactly as imagined, I don't plan on putting too much detail into it until the majority of the clay has been added to the skeleton, and even then I don't plan on adding too much because it is supposed to be representative of thought and not necessarily vivid well defined thought.

I haven't written down any dreams lately and those I can remember are particularly personal; however, you could say that a few of them were closely related to my piece.

A visual memory that has stuck with me since I was probably about 13 is when my friend who was 6 months my elder came over and showed me the scrambled Play Boy channel (known at the time as channel 99). There was one clear picture of a naked woman that stuck in my head and whenever I was alone in the car with one of my parents I was so afraid that they somehow knew or could see whatever was in my head, as irrational as that is, yet I could not stop thinking of the image.

pics of my piece in progress will be presented asap.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just saw your elephant piece on your blog and I fucking love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    anyway,
    again, this piece for class was probably not meant to be seen as funny but the jizz stains and KY Jelly did me in... clench that humor.

    Viewing it as a serious (and probably sad) piece that it is supposed to be, it gives a scary sense of turmoil and suffering. The red hand-prints are so graphic; I'm not sure if the piece needs the fabric, or even vice versa if the piece needs the fabric but doesn't need the handprints. possibly, if the handprints were in a different color, aside from blood, maybe showing the warmth, and sin of touch, but not the violence. just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete